Monday, November 17, 2008

Not Me Monday - 9th Edition

Seeing this is the 9th week I think I can skip the intro. You know the drill by now right?
Click here to visit MckMama's blog and read hundreds of other Not Me posts.

I am not typing some of my Not Me Monday's on Sunday.
I am not avoiding my work by doing so.
My work isn't doing itself. Oh how I wish it would!
I have not gotten myself in over my head this week with two book deadlines, an Usborne book party to close, and my boss's family photo shoot to proof...all before Tuesday.
Tuesday is not PapaBear's birthday.
I did not completely redo my entire blog identity and layout in one day.
I did not drag my kids outside at naptime to take pictures of them wearing the bear costumes for my new look.
I didn't shoot 70 pictures in 10 minutes so they could get to bed.

I did not take my kids outside to play Pooh Sticks even though I knew the pond would be frozen and the sticks wouldn't float.













My kids aren't sick.
My husband isn't sick.
I do not wish I'd just get sick and get it over with.
I did not take SisterBear to the ER at 4:30 Sunday morning when she woke up with croup.
I didn't take the camera with so I could document our 2 hour adventure.

I did not receive 4 different people's mail in one day. I didn't do those strangers a favor and throw their junk mail away.

I did not walk around being poked in the foot for two days before I realized I had a tack in my slipper.

We did not have to deal with furnace issues for eight days before things were resolved. (Read about the overheating days here and the beginning of the no heat stretch here. The house spent twenty-four hours at 63 degrees and then another twenty-four hours at 52 degrees.


This is not apple cider.














At least not any more!

11 comments:

Esther November 17, 2008 at 9:40 AM  

Oh, poor Sister Bear, I hope she's feeling better! And your apple "cider" made me laugh- great post!

Lisa November 17, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

I LOVE THE NEW LOOK TO YOUR SITE!! It looks great and the pictures are so cute. Hope little Sister Bear is feeling better. Thank you for stopping by my site.

-stephanie- November 17, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

I didn't laugh at the tack in your slipper. ...yes I did, sorry.
um...nice apple cider.

heidi November 17, 2008 at 12:45 PM  

CUTE new look!! Love it!

Hope everyone is feeling better, QUICKLY!

Jenn November 17, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

Sorry to hear about Sister Bear!! I've been there and done that...certainly no fun at all!

Anonymous November 17, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

Aww sisterbear looks all snuggly. And I had to laugh about your blog layout and taking the kids out in their costumes. That isn't something I would do. ;)

Aspiemom November 17, 2008 at 2:54 PM  

I loved all of your Not-Me's! I couldn't think of a thing to put in a Not-Me Monday today, and you have such an eventful and interesting life you have lots!!! Very entertaining. Once again, I just love the look of your new blog. I ALWAYS enjoy seeing your pictures!

I hope Sister Bear is better soon!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} November 17, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

Poor Sister Bear!! I have not taken my camera to the ER ever either!!

kay November 17, 2008 at 5:03 PM  

Love the blog!

I hope Sister Bear feels better. Poor thing!

CntryMomma November 17, 2008 at 7:48 PM  

Mmmmm ... pour me some of that cider! jk lol

The family photos are TOO STINKIN' adorable!

Loved this entry. =)

LORI

Lindsay November 22, 2008 at 7:03 PM  

Okay - it's (OBVIOUSLY) been way too long since I've visited you! I hope the croup has gotten better...you know...a week later! Sorry. Geesh.

And I love that you dressed your kids in bear costumes to get pics and then drag them in freezing weather - only moms!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP