Monday, November 3, 2008

Not Me Monday - 7th edition

This past week was a blur. I hardly remember what we did except of course meeting Stellan.
His Mama is the one who created Not Me and the subject of my first Not Me of this past week.

I did not leave my four year old in charge of my two year old out in the hallway of the special care nursery so I could meet Stellan. That would be irresponsible of me.

The dog did not puke on Monday.
He didn't puke on Tuesday either.
He had NO puke left for Wednesday....or so I thought because it was NOT dog puke that I slipped in early Wednesday morning.

I did almost die when I saw a mouse run into the room I was in (living room) and hide under the love seat. I did not scream bloody murder even though it was 12:30am and everyone was asleep. I did not think I was going to have to spend the rest of the night standing on the couch because the mouse might run out from under the love seat while I was running to the stairs. (The mouse made the first move and left the room.)
I did not sleep with the light on and a movie playing the rest of the night.
I didn't let the cat in the house the very next day.

I did not accidentally let the dog and the cat meet in the kitchen with no means of escape. (In my own defense, we have no less than 19 doors in this house. I was bound to forget about one of them.) The result? The dog did not end up with scratches all over his face. There was not blood. I didn't feel terrible about my mistake.

I did not miss the memo about daylight savings time. It was not 5 minutes before we left the Halloween party that I overheard someone talking about an extra hour of sleep that I found out that we almost wasted the ONE TIME A YEAR we get to sleep in.

I did not come very close to showing up early for two different meetings on Sunday.

I did not come up with my Halloween costume when I was rifling through my sister's good will box.

This is not an outtake from an impromptu family photo session*.



* The term session is used very loosely: Turn on the timer, put the camera on a bucket, run back to the family, and try not to make a fool of yourself







I did not get stood up by a woman who was suppose to meet me at the children's museum to buy a winter coat that never fit Julia.

I did not have an antique table ($75) posted on Craigslist for 3 months without any takers.
I didn't get five inquires when I changed the posting to "Make an Offer".
I never would have accepted an offer of $125. Nope not me!

I am not at a complete loss as to how to get my kids to sit in church on Sunday mornings. No, not me! My kids are perfect angels. (That's the hardest part. They ARE good, well behaved kids - until we slide into the pew at church. Anyone have good ideas on ways to keep kids quiet, consequences for misbehaving at church, reward for good behavior etc. ?)

I do not reserve the right to update this post as I remember more of the crazy things that happened at our house this past week.

6 comments:

Lindsay November 3, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

I'm glad I'm not the only one playing Not Me! Monday even though MckMama is a bit pre-occupied :-)

And really - the church thing. No clue. Let me know if you find something that works. Ugh.

LOVE the photo "session." LOL.

gbmom2407 November 3, 2008 at 10:14 AM  

Church... this works for us. The big boys (almost 8 and 6) DO NOT get a snack (they did for a long time but it got to were as soon as we would sit down they would beg for it...as soon as we stopped it they were even more well behaved) They get a pencil/pen(if I remember I have colored pencils) and a childrens bulletin (you could bring a note pad or even the little magnadoodle). You sit nice in church, you get a stick of gum in the van on the way home. The littles (3 and 2 next month) have to wait until the sermon and they get a snack (usually a box of raisins because it takes forever to eat the contents). They too get the bulletin and writing utensil. NO cars allowed (as we have the gradual raise in the floor so when we sit in back they roll all the way to the front). This past weekend I found a Mcdonalds toy (don't worry, we did not buy it) of a transformer and three year old sat very nice with it. Our two year old brought the old cell phone(does not work at all) and sat quietly with it until she was given her raisins. They know what is expected of them and they also know that if they don't want to lose a privilige they WILL sit quietly.

Lisa November 3, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

The photo session picture cracks me up!! I would have died after seeing a mouse run across my floor too and oh my, I hope your dog feels better soon. That story of your dog reminds me of a funny story about a dog we use to have. You slipping on puke reminds me of my hubby stepping in dog poo in the middle of the night after our old dog poo poo'd on the floor. He came back into the bedroom in the middle of the night, waking me up and told me that he stepped in poo and then he hobbles off into the bathroom to clean up himself and then clean up the poo. It was pretty funny!!

Rachel November 3, 2008 at 9:03 PM  

Poor doggie! I bet EVERYONE is glad when the dog feels better!

The pictures of your family are delightful!

And I can totally see the Craigslist thing happening... I got my sweet rescue horse off of Craigslist - with no other takers at her price... then was promptly offered 3 times what I paid for her (guess what - she's home with me for keeps!)

Ahh - a mouse. Those are good times, right? The biggest laugh of my life had to come when our 6'2" friend jumped on a couch screaming like a woman because of a mouse - until 5'3" little old me went and caught it. He still hasn't lived that one down.

Esther November 3, 2008 at 9:25 PM  

I'm a pastor's wife, and I have trouble with my kids in church too. Here's what works for me: I try not to bring toys, that just causes trouble. Books, notebooks, pencils, crayons, magnadoodles are wonderful things. Gum is a life saver for my 5 year old, and suckers work for my 3 year old, as long as he doesn't crunch them down right away. It's a process. They won't always be good, but they'll have their good days too. Whatever you do, don't stop taking them. It's so important for them to be in worship! And when it comes down to it, I've always been told by little old ladies that they love seeing and hearing children in church!

Kameron November 4, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

I had a daylight savings time botch myself. Oh well, it is better to be early for things than late right? The pictures you took of Stellan are amazing. It must be heart warming to see so many people in support of your friend even though they have never met her. :o)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP