Monday, April 7, 2008

executive decision

Joseph continued to fight through the day yesterday but wasn't able to eat his food despite it floating right above where his weak and crippled body was hovering. Brian came up behind me at 8:30 last night and said, "Say bye-bye". In his hand he held the net with the fish inside. "He died?"I asked. He hadn't, but Brian said it was inevitable. Was I upset to flush a live fish? Of course, but what I was glad he had been the one to just get it over with. Otherwise I'd be the one to find him this morning (most likely) belly up for good. I panicked that maybe Sam should be there so he didn't always wonder where he went, but he showed no signs of trauma when I told him Daddy flushed Joseph last night. Poor Mary doesn't seem to be handling it well. She's swimming laps like I've never seen her before.

3 comments:

Anonymous April 7, 2008 at 8:53 AM  

Sorry to hear about Joseph. I had to do the same to my fish at work-couldn't stand to see him floating sideways anymore. I thought it might bother some of the kids but they only wanted to know when I was going to get a new one!

Unknown April 7, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

Sorry about that. New to your blog and I love it. Very encouraging..thanks!

Anonymous April 7, 2008 at 9:16 PM  

My condolences on Joseph. Here's to a new burst of life for Mary in her recently widowed state.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP