Sunday, April 6, 2008

thinking outside the box bowl

***UPDATE***
Joseph is still with us. The nice lady at PetSmart told me to give him fresh water even though it had only been 3 days and to add part of a water softener salt pellet. Apparently salt is a tonic for fish. She said he's stressed. I would be too if I was sideways all the time! He survived the water change which I is stressful anyway and is floating along, still on his side. I can see his gills moving in and out and he flutters a bit when Mary nudges him.


I know it's Sunday and everyone is probably spending the day with their families, but a member of our family isn't feeling well and I thought maybe someone out there might have a suggestion for life saving treatment that would bring Joseph back from the brink. Here are his symptoms: He spent a day hanging out at the bottom of the bowl which I learned early on means they need fresh water. He survived the night so we thought that was the end of it, but then he started swimming/floating sideways and then upside down. He's bent in half too. He's not dead and I refuse to flush a live fish. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 comments:

Kelly April 6, 2008 at 12:57 PM  

Are you sure he's still alive? Fish that are deceased usually float upside down. That's what all mine did. I'm known in my house to kill all fish.
I'm not really sure what advice to give. Best Wishes though.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP