Sunday, June 6, 2010

I didn't plant 'em, but I'm glad they're there.

Mushrooms in straw bale gardens are a good thing. They are a sign of good decomp. I have to say that this is a little extreme for my liking. I've had to go out and brush off the new ones before the attach themselves to the plants. It's probably hard to even tell that these are onions.


This picture is from June 1st. You can see how much progress the plants have made by comparing them to the pictures in this post.

Besides these cucumber blossoms we also have lots of tomato blossoms, 4 cherry tomatoes, 1 Big Boy tomato, lots of plump radishes, and some ambitious beans that have made it to the 4th piece of wire that we are using for support. The tomatoes started out below the first piece and are already past the 3rd piece of wire. Makes tracking progress easy!

1 comments:

Kathy Mills April 5, 2016 at 4:50 PM  

How do you plant your beans? Poke into straw? Lay down and cover with soils? Make small cut trenches and fill will soil after spreading beans? Will be my first time.... Can't wait!!!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP