Monday, June 7, 2010

Rain rain go away

come again some other day...when I don't have a i heart faces photowalk to attend and a bridal shower to throw. Julia was SO excited to use her new pink umbrella and it turned out that we had great light for the photowalk between raindrops so I can't complain. We shot at a location that I've driven by a hundred times, but never been to. It was a lot of fun and I was pleasantly surprised to see familiar faces there. Molly, our leader was asked me to be one of the models. The rest of the participants made it look so easy so I went for it....no makeup and a cold sore on my lip. Now I understand why people get nervous in front of the camera!



I always try to make the most of every trip to the cities so after I picked Julia up from her morning with Grandma she and I ran to the mall to pick up her flower girl dress and a gift for Sunday's shower. So much to get ready once I arrived at the shower and a long drive made it crazy with an over tired 3 year old in tow. I never did get to change into my shower clothes but the food and the company was great and thankfully my peonies held out and we were able to use them for some of the decorations.






Speaking of decorating...the kids helped me with the wrapping paper decorating. Craft paper and some crayon hearts and we were good to go....

I practically collapsed into bed when I got home because I hadn't recovered yet from all the gardening from the day before and being on the go for 12 hours wore me out!










This and all the other posts labeled "how I spent my summer vacation" are my way of making sure that these types of go-go-go days still get a place in our family's blog book.



2 comments:

Cari June 7, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

I had Lauren make some wrapping paper too on Sunday! How funny. I thought I was quite brilliant when I realized I had none that was big enough. Our Target had the rolls on sale for $1 in the dollar spot.

jules June 7, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

That food table looks delicious! Sounds like you had one busy day.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP