Wednesday, June 30, 2010

it was bound to happen

I knew that I wouldn't be able to keep up with my summer vacation series with four days of wedding festivities. Unfortunately we are four days post wedding stuff and I'm even more behind. Going to try to get caught up a little bit by combining a few days....

Saturday we had a fish fry at the Inlaws. It was hard to talk to people at the reception (rockin' DJ in combination with not wearing my glasses and not being able to see people unless they walked right in front of me) so the visiting at the fish fry was a wonderfully relaxing time visiting with local friends and family and family from Alaska, Utah, D.C., and Denver who made the trip to be here for the wedding.

It was incredibly HOT and HUMID but we still had fun and ate our fill of sunfish, halibut, yummy fresh picked strawberries and bars galore. We drove home in a terrible rain storm (2.7 inches fell in two hours) and thanks to quick thinking earlier the kids were sound asleep through the whole thing. We usually bring jammies for them but after berry picking and a walk to the creek the kids were filthy. I decided to pop them in the tub at Grandma and Grandpa's house instead of waiting until we got home.

Sunday we tried to sell a crib on Craigslist, but forgot part of it when we met the lady. It started a chain of events that would get fixed for 24hours. What a pain! Eventually we got it all worked out and thankfully I didn't have to miss out on Girl's Night. Those precious hours spent with girlfriends are so special!!! We ate outside at Arbor Lakes and talked and ate for hours. God has blessed me these ladies and I am so so so grateful!!

Tuesday was Library program day which was good because I have lots of work to catch up on. It's hard to get back into the swing of things again but it was refreshing to get a break from park life. I couldn't believe how much my garden had grown in the few days I hadn't had time to monitor it.

Now it's back to work again. Weddings to proof, photo shoots to schedule, books to design, park programs to write, park programs to lead.

0 comments:

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP