Monday, June 28, 2010

The fanciest day of our summer vacation


Hope you aren't sick of wedding pictures yet! I wanted to share this particular one from my cell phone taken at the tail end of the reception on Friday night. It's Mommy and Me Monday after all....

Julia slept for the last 2 hours of the reception in the corner BEHIND where the speakers were blaring in hopes that she wouldn't be bothered by the noise. It worked because she didn't wake up when I picked her up and moved her to the car. When we realized that we couldn't buckle her seat belt with her dress on we had to wake her and it went down hill from there. Thankfully we live three miles from the reception location and were home in no time.

I was sad to take off the beautiful bridesmaid dress that Sharon picked out and even sadder to take Julia out of hers. We NEVER get that dressed up and it was fun to be girly girls for the day. I even had fingernail polish on albeit, clear. Baby steps people!

I wrote this post before I realized that the theme this week is suppose to be promoting sun protection - which we do - in this case by staying inside :) If you are looking for a great sunbonnet for your little one - I highly recommend the Urban Baby Bonnet that Julia is wearing in this post (with the brim folded back)

Mommy and Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?

11 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? June 28, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

You ladies look beautiful!

And, yes, staying inside is totally good sun protection:)

Unknown June 28, 2010 at 1:46 PM  

The dresses are beautiful! I so love the color on you! Julia looks so sweet!

Secret Mom Thoughts June 28, 2010 at 4:58 PM  

Beautiful shot of the both of you. So sweet.

Michelle June 28, 2010 at 6:18 PM  

This is the sweetest picture of the bunch. :)

darcie June 28, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

gorgeous!!!!

Lulu June 28, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

i love the style of your dress and Julia is just a darling in her dress

here's my entry:
http://www.mydailysnippets.com/2010/06/mommy-and-me-cooling-off.html

Kelli June 29, 2010 at 1:36 PM  

That is definitely a framer!!! Absolutely precious, both of you =)

I have an award for you!!!

http://briansgirl1999.blogspot.com/2010/06/sunshine-award.html

Anonymous June 29, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

I know i met you just on the photowalk but you and your daughter are beautiful

Jolene July 1, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

Precious. You two look like princesses!

Anonymous July 3, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

Look very beautiful, I have give you blog award :-)
have a nice day,
Nan

Kelly July 20, 2010 at 11:12 PM  

GORGEOUS!!! :)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP