Monday, December 7, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments - Day 7


Homemade Ornaments - this week's theme for 25 Days of Christmas Ornaments

I'm sorry I didn't get this posted earlier, we were up to our elbows in gingerbread dough for a gingerbread house decorating party I'm hosting tomorrow.


I made this ornament when Sam was two out of scraps of felt. It was the year of Thomas the Train. Grizzly Gramps made him a train table that year and we bought him his first set of tracks. I will always remember watching his eyes light up when the train table appeared in the living room at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

If you want to design and make your own ornaments out of felt it's really quite easy. The felt is backed with card stock for stability and I used some tacky glue to assemble it. I can't remember where I scrounged up the 'steam' but it's holding up pretty well.

Don't forget that tomorrow is going to be a Blog Hop MckLinky so get your favorite homemade ornament ready to share! Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to get back to watching White Christmas. The trees are lit, a candle is burning, and I'm almost half way done baking five gingerbread houses. I'm going to work on some Christmas presents and then go to bed...Before Midnight. I have been waiting for this day for what feels like forever.

Goodnight!

1 comments:

Blessedw5mom December 7, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

Oh my boys have all loved Thomas the Train! And I love to watch White Christmas ... just love that music! To bed before midnight, really??? is that even allowed? :-)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP