Sunday, December 6, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments - Day 6


I thought this ornament was appropriate for the second Sunday in Advent. It's the first ornament I bought for PapaBear. Actually, it's the only ornament I've ever given him. (You're welcome sweetie) I gave it to him the Christmas before we were married. It was also the same year I gave him this in the stocking I had spent 20+ hours stitching.

It represents the beginning of our marriage, the day we stood before God, our family and our friends, and pledged our lives to each other. Whether or not this ornaments survives long enough to be passed down to our kids, doesn't really matter. What matters is that they know how much their parents loved each other.

4 comments:

Gretta December 6, 2009 at 1:40 AM  

What romantic memories that ornament represents. Beautiful post.

Jenney December 6, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

I feel like I remember you meeting Brian just from reading your blog. Isn't that goofy? What a nice memory for you.

Wisconsin Parent December 6, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

i love these traditions. see you after christmas - at cupcake!

Colleen December 7, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

I have an ornament exactly like that!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP