Tuesday, December 8, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments - Day 8 (Blog Hop)

Welcome to BearCountry and day 8 of my Christmas Carnival! If you are just joining us, you might want to read this post that introduces the 25 Days of Christmas Ornaments.
We are featuring homemade ornaments this week so we can share ideas with others who are looking for craft projects/gifts their kids can make.

I made this ornament for Julia's first Christmas. From the time the kids were born we started the tradition of making ornaments for Daddy each year. It's important to us that we focus on giving and not receiving and what better way to do that than to make something. Julia was less than three months old so she was off the hook the first year. I used felt (again) and did a blanket stitch around a picture sandwiched between two pieces of felt.

What makes this ornament special is that it's Julia's first Christmas and that the blanket stitch is the same one used on the Christmas stockings that 4 generations of my family use. My grandma made two for her and my grandpa and then for each of their four children. My mom made a new round of them for our girls. I made PapaBear one and then two when our kids were born. Both my kids have October birthdays so I didn't have a whole lot of time to get them done, but somehow managed to have them ready in time for Christmas.

What special homemade ornament do you want to share today?

MckLinky Blog Hop

9 comments:

Anonymous December 8, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

Thanks MamaBear for sharing.Wish you a Happy Christmas n New Year eve ahead.

Cheers!!
Flowers Guntur|Gifts to hyderabad|Chennai florists|Cakes to bangalore

Anonymous December 8, 2009 at 7:48 AM  

Wonderful ornament and those stockings are gorgeous!

Unknown December 8, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

I love your stockings. Wish you posted a closer up photo of them so I could truly appreciate the small details. =) Our stockings came from PBKids. I caved in and just bought them.

Jenney December 8, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

Ok, I was really confused on how to post today...never did Blog Hop before. Whew, and adventure.

You have made some cute felt ornaments! Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve. Happy Gingerbread housing today!

Ruthie Denise December 8, 2009 at 5:42 PM  

I love the ornaments. A nice blog.

Jenilee December 8, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

Your ornaments are so cute! :) I love homemade ornaments. I want to make some with my girls this year.

Blessedw5mom December 9, 2009 at 4:10 AM  

Am really enjoying seeing what others post!!!! Thanks for hosting this!

Anonymous December 9, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

What happened to Alphabitty Moments?? Is it on hold for the holidays?

Clare & Tim December 9, 2009 at 10:42 PM  

Gorgeous stockings!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP