Saturday, December 5, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments - Day 5


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in BearCountry! Sure we had to take all the lights off of one tree in order to have enough for the big tree, but who cares right? For the first time in as long as I can remember we purchased and completely decorated our live tree in the same day.

And what a tree it is! It was only 18 degrees yesterday when we picked it out so the branches were as flat as a pancake. Once they warmed up in our house.....think Griswold Christmas tree being untied in their living room. We actually have quite a bit of room for our tree next to the fireplace in the library and it's a good thing - the sucker's 6 feet across!

The ornament I'm sharing today is the one Sam was the most proud to put on the tree last night. It goes against my 'only durable' rule and that's probably why he likes it so much! Why does my son have a pink ornament? Those of you with October birthdays already know the answer, don't you? I took a few pictures of him holding it in front of the tree last night. Hey if it's going to break, we better have proof that it existed right? This is the very first ornament we bought for our baby boy and because of that, it will always be special to me.

I'm really enjoying hearing the stories behind your ornaments so keep 'em coming! Isn't it great to know that our kids will know why we bought them the ornaments we did?

****UPDATE*****
I just got the email from Brent about Monday's Blog Hop which will be the ornament blog hop I suggested - so get your favorite homemade ornament ready for Monday when I'll post the special MckLinky.

2 comments:

Gretta December 5, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

That is a beautiful ornament and I totally understand why it's pink. Congrats on the awesome tree, too!

Anonymous December 6, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Beautiful!!!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP