Friday, December 4, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments- Day 4


I know I said I'm going to feature homemade ornaments next week, but I'm guessing not many people have access to a kiln and won't be rushing out to make one of these ceramic ornaments for themselves.... Once upon a time (read: pre kids) I used to be a potter. I started in high school and continued to take classes through college. I was able to join a clay guild in our old town, but I didn't make the time for it after Sam was born. One of the last things I ever made wasn't even made on the wheel....instead I made homemade ornaments to give as gifts. I'll see if I can find one of the cute moose ones when I put our tree up this year. (you didn't think I already got my tree up did you? Ha! I've been living on my computer for a month - the pictures I've been posting are from last year.) Anyway.....

For the 4th day of the carnival, I'm sharing our dog's ornament - Conor's paw pressed into clay back in 2003. Conor played a part in the early days of my relationship with PapaBear and has been our baby for 11 years. This makes it a very very special ornament on our tree.

What special ornament would you like to share for day 4? I've got my fingers crossed for a nice long naptime for the kids so I can stop by and see all your ornaments. This vacation thing isn't all that relaxing when there is so much to do around the house that I've been neglecting!

Also, if you are new to the carnival or want to be able to find the ornament posts quickly, I've added a link in the nav bar under my header...which reminds me...it's time to get my winter header up....The to-do list never does get shorter does it :)

Have a great and I'll 'see' ya at naptime!




MamaBear

2 comments:

Anonymous December 4, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

That's very pretty :)

Anonymous December 4, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

Love seeing all the ornaments. I really like this one. :)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP