Friday, November 6, 2009

Fall Camping





Back in September we enjoyed a fun filled weekend of camping with the same group of friends we've camped with for the past 10 years. (click here for the very first Fall Camping trip) PapaBear and I had only been dating for six weeks the first time I joined the group.

Over the years we've added some significant others to the mix -including a third generation of campers. (This is only six of the eleven kids)









One thing that never changes is Kitty's to die for beef stew. I look forward to her stew as much as I look forward to family Christmas gatherings. It's that good!

We were blessed with incredible weather that weekend and considering how terrible our Fall has been we are so thankful we were able to enjoy our one weekend away (if you can call camping within sight of the house away).

On a whim we're going away again today - just us this time and a visit for dinner from Grandma and Grandpa. It's 60 degrees outside and it's only suppose to get down to 40. We'll hike and listen to the leaves crunch under our hiking boots, play a round of disc golf, swing a bat at a few baseballs, and we'll eat MamaBear Beef Stew before we roast marshmallows. I'm sure we'll talk about all the memories of previous camping trips because with a group like this - there's always stories to tell!

Have a blessed weekend everyone!

4 comments:

jules November 6, 2009 at 5:15 PM  

That sounds like so much fun! It "might" hit 60 degrees here tomorrow. I am so excited about that. 30s and 40s this early in the year is not for me.

Esther November 6, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

So glad you had a fun time. Makes me want to go camping--and eat some of that stew! Love to Kitty from me!

Grandma Rena November 7, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

Your stew last night was so good. You must have taken lessons from Kitty. What a great idea to have a camp out in NOV. Can't believe it was so nice. I must admit I was glad we were only there for the good stew and some chatting and then we were going home. These old bones can't take getting chilled and I'm sure by morning they would have been. love ya,
Grandma Rena

Jenilee November 8, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

it looks like a lot of fun! we love taking our girls camping and we are planning a family trip for next summer with my inlaws. great pics!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP