Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fall is in the air

Can you feel it? Here in Minnesota we can. Whenever the humidity drops along with the temperature I'm transported back in time to our Rangering days at Voyageurs National Park. This is the CCC building where Brian spent Thursday evenings giving a talk about the French Canadian Voyageurs who's canoe routes helped establish the boundaries between the US and Canada.


This cabin was built in the 1930's and serves as the Ash River Visitor Center. Brian's lodging the summers before we were married was right next door. Talk about an easy commute! My commute my first summer was about 50 yards. It was a good life there. We knew it too and tried not to take any of it for granted. You can read more about how this cabin played a part in our courtship here.



Here's my hubby in his uniform. Sorry, no Ranger Carrie pictures to share this time.


I'm sorry for the quality of these pictures of pictures, but take my word for it, the colors on our tour of Minnesota State Parks was fantastic - so was the weather except a few mornings when we had to break the ice in Conor's water bowl.


Fall wasn't the only thing in the air ten years ago when we took a detour to join Brian's family and friends at Father Hennepin State Park. That weekend signified the revival of the Fall Camping Trip tradition.

I bet you can guess where we'll be enjoying the cooler weather, the brilliant fall colors, and good company this year!

1 comments:

Anonymous September 10, 2008 at 12:13 PM  

As I look at that group picture, I am reminded how much has changed since then. Just think of all the grand children that have been added to the picture. I love that tradition and hope it never stops. I feel so close to those families as we've shared a lot of good times and even a few bad times along the way. We are blessed to have friends like these.
Rena

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP