Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What a bummer

Summer vacation is over. I feel like I missed it almost completely.

Bummer.

Target doesn't carry my favorite hair dye anymore. I have to use a brighter color.

Bummer.

I can't find a fireplace insert for our fireplace for under $500.

Bummer.

There are beautiful fireplaces on CraigsList, but we only need an insert at this point.

Bummer.

We picked the very last apple on Monday. Sam declared, "Apple season is over!"

Bummer.

We tried to go pick wild grapes on Monday, but the mosquitoes drove us away.

Bummer.
I found clothes in the basement that Julia would have fit into all summer long had I known they were there.

Bummer.

I took Friday through Monday off from work, but spent a decent chunk of my vacation cleaning and organizing the house.

Bummer.

My SIL is going to miss out on Fall Camping. It's the highlight of our year.

Bummer.

The mosquitoes have been feasting on Julia for the past two weeks. She has 18 places where she's made herself bleed.

Bummer.

We almost had an empty campground for the first time in 5 months. (until one lone RV pulled in tonight and decided to stay a couple of nights)

Bummer.

I can't go to my 10 year college reunion because it falls on the last weekend of camping.

Bummer.

Sam starts 3 day a week pre-school tomorrow. My baby is growing up.

Bummer.

What are you bumming* about?

* The definitions I read for the word bumming were much more depressing than I originally intended for this post to sound. You know when you have all this stuff swimming around in your brain and you just want to clear the slate? Well this post was my round about way of doing that.

mI would be bummed if you got the wrong impression.
<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

5 comments:

samantha September 9, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

I'm bumming that the days are getting shorter and that summer is technically over.

My daughter is a mosquito attractor too!

Tutu September 9, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

I'm bummed because my hubby tried to fix the slow drain in the kitchen sink and instead caused a slower drain plus a leak. I'm catching water in a bucket under the sink and pouring it out the back door.

I'm bummed because both my hair dryer and flat iron quit on me.

I'm UNbummed because my MIL just picked up the little one, and is picking both girls up from school, taking them for ice cream, then home with her for dinner!!!

Luke has 4 mosquito bites on his cheek, btw. Apparently they are everywhere!!

Jenney September 9, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

I'm bumming because I haven't heard from you in ages :o) However, I am sure that life is just as crazy there as it is here, so I'll get over it. I have NEWS for you! Anyway, hopefully things start looking up for you!
Jenney

Esther September 9, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

I'm bummed that summer is over, and we didn't get a chance to camp at your campground. There's always next summer, right?

Homegrown Tribe September 9, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

I'm bummed I haven't talked to you in a while... crazy times! :)

britt

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP