Thursday, March 5, 2009

Alphabitty Moments - the letter B


Welcome to the second installment of Alphabitty Moments!
If you are joining us for the first time you can catch up on all the great A entries by clicking here.

I opted to create two layouts this week to be specific for each of my kids. (I use Blurb.com's Booksmart software.) Feel free to simply post the picture and the letter of the week if you prefer or use your own scrapbooking software.b is for bear

Julia painted this bear at school a couple of weeks ago by dripping paint on the paper and then folding it in half. All the teachers came over to ooh and aah over it because of how perfect it turned out. The crazy part is that when she dripped the paint on we had know idea that the idea was to fold the paper and spread the paint out. Very random drips of paint by an almost 2 1/2 year old turned into two perfect eyes, a nose, a smile, and a bow on top. Woah!


b is for bristle blocks

My sisters will recognize these bristle blocks as the same ones we played with as kids. They are OLD. See the white bucket behind the letters? That's the same ice cream bucket my mom stored our blocks in all these years. I was happy to be able to include it here since the sound of the bucket opening will always be part of the experience.

Sam likes to build ships (gun boats), bridges, ice cream factories, ice cream cones, and cars with these blocks. His imaginative play has exploded in the past few months - I wonder what he'll come up with next?!?!

Now it's your turn! What "B" moment would you like to preserve? Be sure to come back and leave a link to your blog so everyone can see. I put my posts up on Thursday, but feel free to add your link anytime throughout the week.

10 comments:

mom24boys March 5, 2009 at 5:57 AM  

Aww...precious. I love the bristle blocks' history!

Anonymous March 5, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

The bear looks great! Good job sister bear! Fun blocks, the colors on your pictures look great :)

I forgot to do my B last night. I will get done when I get home. I am going to have to make a list of all the carnivals I do in a week :)

Andria March 5, 2009 at 6:55 AM  

Awesome bear! And we are huge fans of bristle blocks here....Nora likes to build ball parks, ferry boats, and streetlights (?). Soren likes to chew on them!

Jenney March 5, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

They'ver remade the bristle blocks...they re called "Clippos" now. Of course they are twice the size of the normal ones. Everything that is a remake of the old has to be ginormous. Have you seen the new little people? They have been supersized!

Esther March 5, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

SB has an eye for art, that's for sure! You should frame that bear!
I love bristle blocks. The boys play with them in school. Those kind of toys are ripe for imaginative play.
Great pictures!

Michelle March 5, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

I believe I had those blocks growing up. I have something similar for the kids today but not quite as good !

Love your two layouts this week !!

Pam March 5, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

Wow! That bear is perfect! Now that's truly some random paint drops.

And my siblings and I, too, loved to play with those blocks when we were little.

Youth Leaders March 6, 2009 at 5:35 AM  

My son would love those blocks too. Anything he can build and let his imagination flow....I would love them too, if he cleaned them up.

Keri March 6, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

FINALLY got this up. I'm so, so late! Sorry!

Tracey March 25, 2009 at 7:25 AM  

I want to join...how do I get the HTML code for the widget box.....I WANT TO PLAY!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP