Friday, February 20, 2009

Friend of the Broom

This post has absolutely nothing to do with cleaning. Actually, I've had nothing to do with cleaning for weeks. That changes tomorrow though. I can't tell the difference between clean and dirty clothes in my room anymore. Not a good sign....

Back to the topic...

I made my own wedding programs for our wedding almost 8 years ago and it's become a running joke ever since that Troy, PapaBear's best man, is not a friend of the groom, but the friend of the broom. Aagh! Ya gotta love funny typos!

Anyway...Troy, his wife, Carrie, and their 9 week old daughter, Lily, are in town from California and we spent yesterday afternoon enjoying their company, and playing Troy's nephew's Wii.


It was Sam's first experience with video games.

He L.O.V.E.D it! I think PapaBear did too. :)

While the boys did their thing, Carrie and I had a chance to catch up. The last time we had a big chunk of time to talk was when we visited them when I was pregnant with Julia. Their visits back to Minnesota are always jam packed so we really enjoyed hanging out with them all afternoon. They may be first time parents, but they are naturals.



My kids adore both Carrie and Troy. Sam was rooting for Troy instead of Daddy, and Julia wanted Troy to pick her up over and over again. She never asks to be picked up by a guy other than Daddy or Grandpa.

Troy's parents have lots of natural light streaming into their house during the day. Then little Miss Lily kicked her legs out at the perfect time and the perfect distance from my camera. I love it when that happens!


It was so nice to meet you love bug!

4 comments:

Emily February 21, 2009 at 6:46 AM  

Such a cute baby!

Funny typo too... ha ha!

Jenney February 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

Friend of the broom made me laugh. I've been trying to get my house in order today and I feel like I am the enemy of the broom. I think it sees me coming and cowers.
I absolutly love feet pictures....I think I may have learned how to take some in my photography class today. Well, at least the process was taught...wether or not I learned anything is yet to be determined!

Esther February 21, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

I typed my own wedding programs too, although I only spelled a name wrong. Those feet are too precious. Looks like you had a great time!

CntryMomma February 21, 2009 at 5:12 PM  

Verrrrry cute baby!

LORI

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP