Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Day in Bear Country

We all made it on his good list this year....
SisterBear got the "Nem-nem-nems" (M&Ms) and Swedish Fish she asked for.
BrotherBear asked for boats, M&Ms, and Swedish Fish. He wasn't disappointed. In fact he was so busy playing with his new toys that I couldn't get him to let me take a picture of him.


Conor was more than willing to pose. :)


Then he was off to enjoy is "candy cane"


Santa brought me Burt's Bees lip balm. Just what I needed!

PapaBear's sweet tooth will be satisfied for a while with a package of gummy worms and a Toblerone Bar.

Later Christmas Day we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for more gift opening fun. They spoil all of us with their unique, thoughtful, useful, and creative gifts. Would you believe PapaBear's dad made us a countertop? I now have twice the work space in my kitchen. Wahoo!!
BrotherBear's favorite gift was a camera. We've since learned that the Fisher Price digital cameras have a virus in them. If you that brand of camera I suggest you look into this before uploading any pictures to your computer.

Gifts were handed out one by one and the kids (when they weren't off playing T-ball or mixing up a batch of cupcakes, or changing WhinniePooh's diaper) helped everyone open their gifts.

For what seems like the hundredth time, we put the kids to bed late. Then the next morning we drove south see my mom and Paul. My sister, Kara, and her daughter, Lily, were in town and my other sister, Katie, and her husband, Brandon were able to join us as well. We played Cranium, drank homemade eggnog*, and showed the kids how to make homemade ice cream.


Paul (who's idea it was for this post title), is adding the ice and salt to the ice cream maker out in the garage.


It was great to see their new home and enjoy my mom's cooking.


Two days later PapaBear's family gathered here at the park for our final Christmas gathering of 2008. My new countertop was put to good use as we lined up chili, chicken noodle soup, cheese & crackers, a veggie tray, and a ton of Christmas cookies. I love that our house is big enough to have extended family gather here. It also comes in handy that we don't have a no running rule at our house. The wide hallways and big open spaces allow the kids to run and play. Does anyone else let their kids run in the house or is just us?


* Honey Eggnog

4 cups whole milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 c. honey
1/8 t cinnamon (I think it could use a bit more)
1/8 t nutmeg (again, needs a little more next time)
1/8 t salt
1 t vanilla
1/2 teaspoon rum flavoring (this was omitted - never missed it)

In a large saucepan, combine milk, egg, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, and rum. Chill at least 2 hours.

3 comments:

CntryMomma January 1, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

Glad you had a great Christmas. Homemade ice cream is YUMMY!

LORI

Aspiemom January 1, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

I enjoyed seeing your pictures, once again. I bet Conor enjoyed that candy cane!

Lindsay January 2, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas! I love "Nem n Nems" that's exactly what El says. LOL.

The pic of you and Conor is precious - so fitting for a dog!

Thanks for keeping us all updated on MckMama - I really can't believe what they've all been through this past year.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP