Wednesday, December 31, 2008

4 the love of (extended) family

If I don't get these pictures from Christmas posted today I'm going to regret it when I get around to making my blog book. It's already an almost impossible task as it is to get 3 years worth of posts organized. Maybe that should be my New Year's resolution - to get my books put together? We'll see... Speaking of resolutions, check out Steph's post today...I think you'll be glad you did.

Before going to PapaBear's side of the we stopped by my cousin's house. Elsie turned nine on December 16th. I was her nanny until she was five. Where has the time gone? That boy with the goofy face? That would be Porter, hamming it up as usual.


Later, more cousins (2nd cousins this time) posed for a picture (or five)


PapaBear read the Christmas story and then we sang carols before opening gifts.


Hungry Hungry Hippo was a big hit with the kids.


For the adults, hearing of Kevin's engagement was the big news.


On the way home we went to late Mass. I wish I could have taken a picture of the church all lit up. It was -10 and I had Julia in the Kozy so I'll have to rely on my memory for that one.
We got home and put the kids to bed about 12:30 and put the Santa gifts in the stockings. We made an executive decision to leave the gate open so we wouldn't have to get up and open it six hours later. The kids slept until 8:30 and then with pumpkin muffins baking in the oven we checked out what Santa left for us.

3 comments:

CntryMomma December 31, 2008 at 1:58 PM  

I'm gonna have to check out that blog book thing. I'm think that would make great Christmas presents to the grandparents (and to me as well!)

Thanks for posting!

LORI

Esther December 31, 2008 at 2:38 PM  

Is Julia playing Hungry Hungry Hippos naked? I think you have some MckFamily rubbing off on you. ;-)

Aspiemom December 31, 2008 at 3:53 PM  

lol It does look like Julia is playing the game naked!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP