Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Guess How Much I Love You?


Sam especially enjoys it when I read him this book at bedtime. Lately as I leave the room one of us will tell the other that we love each other to the moon and back - just like in the book.
Yesterday as if he knew my heart was already starting to miss him and we haven't even left yet, he says to me after I say I love him to the moon and back, "I love you to the angels."

I don't think I'll look at the moon the same ever again.



Tonight when I tucked him in and once again explained that Mommy and Daddy won't be here in the morning when he wakes up and that while we're gone he can look up at the moon and know that we're doing the same thing and thinking of him.
"But Mama, the moon is going to be over MY house!" I should have seen that one coming!

Then I tell him how excited we are going to be when we get home on Sunday that I'm going to give him lots and lots of squeezes.
"But Mama, that's going to turn me into a pea!"
giggles....
"Oh Sammy, you are so silly."
"Why am I silly Mama?"
"Because you are so sweet."
"Well that's going to make me a sweet potato."

--------------------------------------------------

Julia, during our bedtime snuggle offered her own unsolicited, "Yuv you, Mommy."

-------------------------------------------------

I feel at peace about leaving tomorrow morning, but I will miss my babies like crazy. I'm a little nervous about the weather forecast of lows in the 20's but the daytime highs will be in the upper 40's so we should be fine.
The car is packed. The canoe is strapped down.
The alarm is set for 3 a.m.
Grandma and Grandpa are sleeping in our bed.
Brian is getting some rest on the couch.

I am going to get some sleep myself before the 6 hour car ride, the 3 portages mixed in with the 1 1/2 hour paddle, and the fun of setting up camp.

I can only imagine what my Not Me Monday post will entail after 4 days in the wilderness!

1 comments:

Lindsay October 16, 2008 at 11:48 PM  

Can't wait to hear about your fun time! And see beautiful pics!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP