Monday, October 4, 2010

Keeping House

I've been doing more of the household chores the past couple of months while PapaBear works with the maintenance staff here at the park. It's not permanent work, but the few paychecks we're getting before the winter months set in are like solid gold to me. I still have my blog book business and my photography business work to keep up but I have really been enjoying the break from the ten hour days away from my kids.

Like the post I wrote almost two years ago I am thankful that I can set my other jobs aside during the day and focus on the kids, cleaning, laundry, errands, & cooking. After two weeks without carbs we have added healthy ones back in. I'm baking with Stevia instead of white sugar and making as much of our meals from scratch as possible. Tonight I whipped up homemade biscuits & white sauce for dinner and Julia helped me make peanut butter oatmeal cookies. It's so much healthier to make things from scratch and I really enjoy baking with my kids.

Does everything run smoothly? Of course not!


Dust bunnies still invade the corners of the rooms with hardwood floors.

I still yell at my kids.

We sometimes eat apples with peanut butter and call it dinner.

I plop them in front of the TV so I can make dinner or return some work emails more often than I should.

My friend, Alyssa, posted something today that was very fitting for where I'm at in my life right now. You can read her response to Psalm 90 here. Like Alyssa, this portion struck a cord with me:

(verse 14) Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.

(verse 17) May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us;
establish the work of our hands for us—
yes, establish the work of our hands.



What is keeping your hands busy these days?




3 comments:

trooppetrie October 4, 2010 at 8:08 PM  

would you share your biscuit recipe, I am always looking for a good biscuit recipe

Jenilee October 4, 2010 at 9:44 PM  

I'm so glad your days at home are going well. I'm sure you are loving it! oh I need to start baking more from scratch... you have inspired me. :) I love those verses too.

Alyssa October 4, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

so glad those verses hit home with you too!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP