Thursday, July 15, 2010

Alphabitty Moments - the Letter G


Welcome to Alphabitty Moments! If you are new to my carnival please click on the tab on my nav bar for more info on how to participate.

This week's page is brought to you by the letter G. That might not be the letter you are on and that's OK! We'll get back on the same page eventually. All that matters is that you are preserving memories one letter at a time right? Right. G is for Games at our house. We play a lot of games. Every day the kids pull something out of the cupboard where we store the kids games. We have so many adult games that we have a whole other closet for those. I love that Sam and Julia can enjoy the same games I played with as a kid. Enchanted Forest, Candy Land, Sorry..... This is the first year that Sam is able to understand the rules and that makes it lots more fun. His favorites right now are Camp and Uno. What are your kids' favorite games?

Switching gears now:
If you follow me on twitter (4mamabear) you saw my tweet earlier about how to make the process of making a book a little easier. It was hard to explain myself very well in 140 characters so let me try again here: Months ago I made a list of words that were potential Alphabitty Moment words. I really should post it somewhere so I can add to it as I think of new possibilities but for now it's tucked into a notebook. Now when I have my camera out I have all those words in the back of my mind so I can take advantage of photo opps as they come up. No forced photos or dark ones because I didn't plan ahead. Part of the beauty of Alphabitty Moments is capturing the moments of childhood as they happen. Sure we might be on the letter D when you're child goes out to catch lightening bugs, but knowing that you want to record that experience in your book will help you remember to snap a couple of photobook worthy photos and be set when we get to the appropriate letter.

2 comments:

Stacey July 15, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

I am glad you wrote this, because I was wondering what your approach was... mine is very similar. Except the words are not on a list, just in my head. I think I will come up with a list though! And yes, please post yours! I will work on my page today sometime and link up later. I am G as well.

Unknown July 15, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

Good tip!

I have some letters in my mind but it's also hard becaause I am working from pictures of the past year. Once I catch up it will be easier. :)

Stumped on the letter j....any suggestions?

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP