Thursday, April 8, 2010

Alphabitty Moments - The letter W


Yes, you are at the right place for Alphabitty Moments. I just opted to skip the scrapbook page for today since this isn't the actual photo I'd use in Julia's book anyway. It would pretty much shoot our privacy out of the water if I were to post a picture of with our town name displayed on our water tower now wouldn't it?



Why the water tower for the letter W? Months ago my kids decided which water tower in town would belong to them. They don't point out their own towers as much since we make so many trips to town for school right now, but when I was working on this picture this morning Julia said, "That's my water tower!" so they definitely remember. The nearby town where our friends Karen and Aaron live in has two water towers as well. Sam and Julia shout out "There's Henry's water tower!" whenever we drive by. Julia even remembers that Henry's little sister has a water tower now. Is that "Caroline's water tower Mommy?" she asks.

So you see, we can't drive anywhere without them asking who each water tower 'belongs' to. It's actually kinda fun to be able to think of friends and family as we're passing by their neighborhoods even if we don't get to see them very often.

What W moment do you want to remember this week?

5 comments:

Jenney April 8, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

Oh, I have a water tower moment for you. Many of the ones around here look literally like the blue nasal aspirators they send you home from the hospital with upside down.

So when we see them, Snug says "there's another nose suckey!" EWWWWW!

Jenilee April 8, 2010 at 2:20 PM  

lol loving Jenney's comment. they kind of do look like that around here. :)

yep. you were right... I wouldn't have guessed it! great word for W though!

Recovering Procrastinator April 8, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

My kids really love water towers (especially Grace) but they've never claimed any as their own. That is really cute.

5 Kids With Disabilities April 9, 2010 at 5:29 PM  

I am afraid our W word would be WATER. We had floods last week and still have 2 inches of water in our basement. PLUS it is raining out!!! YUCK! W is a terrible letter!
Lindsey Petersen

Melanie Eccles April 9, 2010 at 7:39 PM  

I love your blog! your beautiful children, your campground life, your photography, your blog photo book business! So great! I'm a blog friend of Jenilee's and I'm so glad I stopped by to visit!

blessings!
In Christ,
Melanie

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP