Sunday, March 28, 2010

3 in 1

Part of our Beth Moore homework this week was to get up at dawn and read and reflect on three passages.

Genesis 8:22
As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter,
day and night will never cease."

Lamentations 3:22-23
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

Psalm 30:5
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.


I got the biggest smile on my face when I saw the sun spots created by taking a photo directly into the sun as I was completing my quiet time that morning. You see, we are studying the fruit of the Spirit.

Three spots of light
.

Father, Son, & Holy Spirit.


As we prepare to enter Holy week I am more aware of the Holy Spirit interceding on my behalf than ever before. Each day I am pouring out my thoughts, desires, confessions, dreams through prayer so that there is room in my heart for the Holy Spirit to pour in and fill me up with Christ's teachings and His love.

The result? I am able to pour forth (2 Corinthians 3:5-6 5Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.)

Dear Lord, thank you that your mercies are new every morning. Thank you that the Spirit of the Living God intercedes on our behalf. May we never forget the price your Son paid in order to conquer to grave.
Amen.

3 comments:

Unknown March 30, 2010 at 8:14 AM  

This is a great post Carrie!

Cathy March 30, 2010 at 2:50 PM  

Amen! Amen! Amen!

What an AMAZING gift the Holy Spirit is! The fact that God HIMSELF resides in us, teaching us, guiding us should be all the assurance and confidence we need! Why then do I need to reminded of these truths so often?

Thank you for that reminder.

(those Lamentations verses are some of my favorites!)

Anonymous April 5, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

I love those scriptures. Especially meaningful to me right now as we are having lots of earthquake action here in the San Diego area. The biggest one was a 7.2, the biggest in local reacorded history. I was afraid to go to sleep last night and was woke up by a 5.1 after shock at 4:15am. But God is in control!
Roxanne

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP