Sunday, February 28, 2010

SUNday

I can't help but wonder if all the sun streaming into our home is helping my mood. We pop vitamin D like candy around here - averaging 5-6 thousand {whatever the units are called} a day. I'm still running low on it according to my latest blood test, but spring is just around the corner. It has to be. At least that's what I keep telling myself. In the meantime we are doing our best job ever of making the most of winter. The kids are older now and can walk up the sledding hill themselves. Sam can ski for over a mile at a time and we've had the best snow pack that I can remember.

We are suppose to host an open house in a few weeks to show people how we make maple syrup here in the park, but we need some warmer weather for that to happen. Plan, plan plan, and then hope the weather cooperates. Such is life in the Park and Rec field I guess.

Speaking of planning...Sam has invited his preschool classmates to come climb on our snow mountains. It sounds like this coming weekend will be the Big Day. I'm planning to invite Julia's class too. My theory is that then I only have to get the house company ready once. It's going to be interesting with 30 families invited but it should be fun. I plan to serve hot apple cider and people can make S'mores over the fire. It won't be fancy and I hope I'll be able to set up our huge dining room as a staging area for getting ready. Ah! I get giddy just thinking about it! It's going to be so fun to hear all the squeals and laughter coming from our backyard!

If you couldn't already tell I'm in a pretty good mood today and while I do think the sun has something to do with it, I know that The Son has an even bigger role in why I'm feeling upbeat. I'm doing the Beth Moore Fruit of the Spirit study and am loving it - specifically I am loving my mornings in the Word. Beth said at the beginning of the study that "This study isn't going to just change your life, it's going to change your day!" Amen to that! Sure, I still have a lot on my plate but I have a clearer outlook about how I'm going to accomplish it all and I'm staying focused on what is important. The fallout has been incredible. Our kids are behaving better, we have more family time, we're talking about chores, responsibility, and allowances.....we're making positive changes and I am SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

and on that note, I'm going to wrap up this post and head home after yet another weekend of ski rentals. Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Gretta February 28, 2010 at 4:12 PM  

What a great Mom you are to invite your friends classmates over. Hope it turns out beautifully for you all. I did the Beth Moore study a few years ago & it was awesome! Glad you are loving being in the Word.

Jenilee February 28, 2010 at 4:34 PM  

we are still cloudy and dreary today! glad you are getting some sun though. have a great time getting ready for the big party. :) fire/smores is always a big hit! :)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP