Thursday, January 7, 2010

Alphabitty Moments - The Letter L

Welcome back to Alphabitty Moments! I hope you all had a blessed Christmas break and were able to spend time with your loved ones. We had a snowstorm roll through starting December 23 and it didn't stop snowing until the 27th sometime. We rescheduled our big family gathering that we usually have on the 24th because PapaBear's parents live way out in the country and their road is terrible after it snows. Not that we would know, we couldn't even get our van out of the drivway after our three day stay. It was a quieter Christmas Eve but we were still surrounded by loved ones (Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for your hospitality). By the 27th the weather was better so we gathered together as one big happy family.

We ate, we talked, we played in the snow, we sang carols, we watched Julia go around the room and give everyone hugs, and we exchanged gifts. We were thankful to be together despite the delay in doing so. It's never easy to decide to cancel a long standing traditional Christmas Eve gathering, but I will be forever grateful for that snow storm. Because of the snow, PapaBear's aunt and cousins family were able to attend (due to illness and work they would have missed the 24th).

It would be the last time we were all* together. Aunt Arlene passed away this week and we will miss her dearly. I heard the song I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin on the day she died and will forever think of her when I hear the lyrics.


* PapaBear's brother and his wife live in Alaska and were visiting Laura's mother this Christmas - We missed you Gary and Laura!!!!

There's nothing like the innocence of a child to help heal the hurt of losing a loved one and let me tell you this little girl (and her brother) give the best hugs when you need them (and many times when you don't think you do!). These pictures were taken right after Julia turned three and at the height of her love affair with suckers...er....I mean ......lollipops. The lone lollipop is one of the many we've recieved from the bank teller in the last year. Some day we'll go through the drivethru and they won't shreak with glee about the sweet sticky goodness that they save for Sunday morning church, but until that day happens we'll savor the little moments of happiness and hug each other close.



10 comments:

Meg B....that's me! January 7, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

Julia is so cute and she certainly is enjoying that lollipop....I admit I to still ask for that lollipop when I go to the bank!

Aspiemom January 7, 2010 at 1:40 PM  

I like that lollipop page! So cute!

Anonymous January 7, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

Saw Chris Tomlin sing that at a concert at Grace Church recently....great! DC

Jenney January 7, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

Cery cute! Sug actually calls them lolipops whichi so weird to me because we don't! Several of our childrens books refer to them that way, I guess books win over parents!

So glad you were able to spend one more Christmas with your aunt. It is always hard to lose a loved one.

Jenney January 7, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

Not cery, VERY

Jenney January 7, 2010 at 2:59 PM  

Not Sug, SNUG. Not whichi, WHICH IS
Man, type mych?

Jenney January 7, 2010 at 2:59 PM  

Yep, I spelled much wrong too. I need a nap.

Tutu January 7, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

Whew...just got my link up! Better late than never, right? Love your page!

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jenilee January 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

I will have to participate next time!! this was so cute. :)

stb January 17, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

I'm so far behind - I still have to do J but I just posted my K & L. And now I see I have to do M too.

Love her lollipop! So cute :-)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP