Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009 was the year

that we had a very very white Christmas

that we rescheduled our normal Christmas Eve gathering because of snow

that we got stuck in my inlaw's driveway on Christmas Day

that Sam got run over by a sled

that Mommy got kicked all night by Sam when they slept on the couch

that Julia had a major meltdown at two Christmas gatherings

that Sam helped Grandma get 2000 point in one turn during a game of Fill or Bust

that we came home after three days at Grandma and Grandpas to find huge snow mountains in the park

that 27 members of my mom's family gathered for Christmas

that we walked on the creek (beautiful, but I'm not a fan of walking on ice where I can HEAR the water moving underneath me)

that Sam hugged the box of his new aircraft carrier until we said he could open it

that PapaBear said, "go take a nap, I'll unload the van."

that of the snowball makers

that the weather forecast was wrong about when we'd get snow.

of the snow jump.

that Julia went around and hugged each member of our family while we in the middle of our traditional time of singing carols by the tree

that my Christmas post didn't include a single picture


Now it's your turn to finish the sentence, "Christmas 2009 was the year...."

9 comments:

Kristina Joy December 28, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

I can't keep up with you...I'm still drinking that first quart of eggnog as I type!!

I think the most amazing thing on your list included a nap! :)

Eighteen December 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM  

great idea... I've done it too now!
love the hugging!

Cathy December 28, 2009 at 2:44 PM  

Wow! Sounds like a crazy busy Christmas season for you!

But I loved how you recapped!

Jenney December 28, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

...was the year that we drove WAY too much after vowing when Snug was born we'd never do that to our kids. *sigh*

Unknown December 28, 2009 at 3:55 PM  

...when I received a nasty cold for my Christmas present.

Aspiemom December 28, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

It sounds like you've been BUSY!

Mel Fraase December 28, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

that I spent AWAY from my kids, ugh! Merry Christmas!

Jenilee December 28, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

I like the "go take a nap" part! wow! :)

Esther December 29, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

that rained and rained and rained some more. But we were cozy in our house, enjoying each other.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP