Saturday, May 9, 2009

Season Premier UPDATED

I peeked out the window a minute ago and saw a few campfires still glowing and some party lights swaying in the wind. It's been a quiet opening weekend, but somehow I still go from morning till night on Saturdays. The last few hours of the day were spent getting ready for and enjoying the campfire story program our park has.



Sam was giggling along with the story, but little Miss Julia was more interested in wandering around.

The S'mores were a big hit with everyone, but the sweetest part for me was the light. Oh my, was it delicious! My camera loves loves LOVES those evening shots.

Photo Info:

No, I didn't use a flash. I can count on one hand the number of situations where I've used a flash in the last year.

I'm shooting with a Canon Rebel XTi set on Aperture* Priority. I have a fixed focal length 50mm f1.8 lens that I picked up for $100 and use almost exclusively.

All photos shot at:
ISO 400
Framed one of Sam: f4.0
Other two images: f2.5

* Aperture 101 - Aperture is how much the shutter opens when take a picture. It is measured in f-stops. The smaller the number, the bigger the opening. The bigger the opening, the more light is let into the camera.

Aperture priority means that I let the camera figure out the shudder speed and I control how much light I let by adjusting my f stops.




<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

7 comments:

Cathy May 10, 2009 at 12:15 AM  

Those ARE delicious! The lighting and the children! So...I know it's different cause I have a simple point and shoot, but would I use a flash, no flash, ISO??? at that time of night ...I'm so lost.

I can DREAM that my hubby will surprise me with a camera, right?!:)

...and now I'm really in the mood for s'mores:)

Mamí♥Picture May 10, 2009 at 2:14 AM  

Happy Mother's Day!
I wish you the best and God bless you.
xoxo
♥Rocío♥

Esther May 10, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

I second that question. Flash? No flash? Beautiful pictures! And those marshmallows look YUMMY.

Cathy May 10, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

Wow. Thanks for the info! I have no CLUE what most of it means;) but hope to learn someday. And I was drooling over a Canon Rebel at Costco and shamelessly begging my husband for it, but I think the pricetag may have turned him off a little bit:)

But I will continue to "learn" and play w/ my point and shoot and work on angles, etc. until that day comes...

Tutu May 10, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

Ditto what Cathy said. I am such a photog wannabe!! I love the tips from you pros! I will be playing with my camera settings tomorrow!!
~Susan

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys May 10, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

I also am in awe of these stunning photos and the helpful tips.

I have (or have at the repairers) a canon 1000d I want to learn more about it.

Ps one of my little fellow is a Sam too.

Pam May 25, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

You simply WEAR ME OUT with all you accomplish in a day~~especially during the camping season!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP