Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Heart's Desire - Mother's Day Reflections....

I don't have a spiffy mother's day post to share, but I still wanted to put something down on 'paper' for Mother's Day. Both the kids are still awake (Sam making multiple trips to the bathroom & Julia fussing, thought it's finally subsided). I look forward to finding a rhythm to our weekends while the campground is open - one that doesn't leave us with overtired kids come Sunday night.

Here are two pictures from last night that I saved to post today. They were taken almost two hours after bedtime yet the kids were wide awake in anticipation of S'mores.

I look at these pictures and am overwhelmed with love for them. (Have you ever seen such dark blue eyes?). Julia and Sammy make me laugh every day and help me slow down and smell the roses. Somewhere along the line I've lost my ability to do that and I need their help.

I am learning to balance my work life and my home life and it my fervent prayer that I don't cause them any harm in the process. Actually I pray for more than that. I pray that they will be able to overlook my short temper, my busyness, and my absence on work days. Most of all I pray that I can be the mom God wants me to be.

Besides my Bible I've been using Elizabeth George's book, A Mom After God's Own Heart as an encouragement in my daily walk and two years ago my mom gave me a great book called While they were Sleeping. I love parenting books that are full of scripture and these two fit the bill.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there!

<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

6 comments:

Lisa Noel May 10, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

I've worked through part of the A Mom book. I'd love to go through it with someone but have never found any who was up for it. Let me know if you're up for swapping some emails about it and where you are (I'll just jump in there if you want)
Maybe I can even twist Susan's arm into joining us too.

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light May 10, 2009 at 10:35 PM  

I can't wait to check those reads out! Happy Mother's Day to you and your beautiful kiddos! Love those eyes.

Cathy May 10, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

I completely understand. In fact, I was racking my brain trying to figure out what I should post about when I decided to read your new post first:)

One of my greatest fears is that my children will remember the short-tempered, unattentive mommy that I can be sometimes...

I'm reading Shepherding a Child's Heart right now and LOVE it. It does a great job of using scripture with sound human thoughts and ideas, but what you're reading sounds great too!

...and that picture of you and Julia is adorable...

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph May 10, 2009 at 11:40 PM  

I can see exactly what you mean by your photos here... this was a sweet post.

Steph

Love Mom May 11, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

Your kids are gorgeous! As for the prayer, as a full-time working mom (which I hate) I pray the same thing and that I can make my moments count!

Andria May 19, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP