Sunday, March 22, 2009

Scenic Sunday - Patagonia



This is my second week participating in Miti's Scenic Sunday. Last week I shared a scenic picture a little closer to home than the one I chose for this week. (It's a picture of a picture so I did use Photoshop to clear it up a little but, but the colors are very true to life. It does blow up bigger if you click on the image.) Almost 12 years ago (Man, I still can't believe it's been that long!), I had the privilege of traveling around much of Latin America during a 12 week foreign term my college is well known for. In the middle of the term we were given 10 free days to travel wherever we wanted.

My friends and I chose to attend a ballet in Buenos Aires, visit Iguazu Falls, attempt to located a friend in the Peace Corpe who was stationed in Puaraguay, and travel further south along the Patagonian Atlantic. Our goal was to go whale watching, but along the way we also saw some of the most beautiful scenery ever. Can you see the elephant seals on the edge of the water? (This post has more links to the types of sites we saw that week.)

To play along, you can click here. Even if you don't share a picture today, you can play along another day or at least take a peak at Miti's beautiful picture of Costa Rica. I hope to dig up my Costa Rican sunrise pictures one of these weeks....



<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

9 comments:

Miti March 22, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

Hey MamaBear. I'm so glad you came back to enjoy the scenery with me! Your scenic shot is breathtaking. I love all those seals lounging in the sun. I'm looking forward to seeing your Costa Rican sunset.

Miti March 22, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

opps........I meant sunrise.

Pam March 22, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

That's just gorgeous. How lucky you were to have gotten to participate in that program through your college! I'll have to go back and read through your links soon.

Through My Own Lens March 22, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

Beautiful! And, I love the story to go along with it!!! Don't you just love traveling and discovering different "worlds"?!?! Great shot!

Anonymous March 22, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

Amazing water :) I think I will join in on the fun today :)

Jade Pierce March 22, 2009 at 6:14 PM  

hi mamabear!
i found your blog while searching for "mom blogs" and I just love it!
I am going to have my first child in June and am working on a baby registry. This is fantastically scary for me, but I think I have some things narrowed down. :)
I was wondering if you could suggest, or would know of somewhere I could find a good baby food cookbook, and also a diaper bag. I've found some that I like, but I would like the opinion of another momma. :)
You can reply on my blog at www.jadepiercephotography.com
(i am not a photographer, this website was set up by my husband who believes in my dream to one day be a photographer!)i would REALLY appreciate the help!

Esther March 22, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

Beautiful! How wonderful that you were able to travel there! I'm really thankful for the traveling I did while I was in school.

Nieman Family March 23, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

Beautiful picture...I played along this week too. I have two sites a photo one and a family one.

Mrs. McFadden April 2, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

your photo takes my breath away!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP