Monday, March 16, 2009

Not Me Monday - 26 Edition


If only we could all take a dose of the relaxing medicine that had amnesia qualities like my Sammy Sam did on Wednesday before his dental surgery. Since we can't, we might as well get the things we'd like to forget out in the open, wipe the slate clean, and move on. Not Me Monday is the perfect place to do that so here it goes...



I did not feel guilty for letting the nurse talk me into the relaxer. Sam hesitated when it was time to put the scrubs on and she jumped at the chance to use that as a reason to give
him the medicine.
















I think he was just a little nervous, but would have been just fine when he saw the dinosaurs.
















Instead, the poor kid was wobbly and unsteady while he played. I know he would have done just fine without it. I don't feel guilty for giving him unnecessary meds at all. Nope. Not me!










Sam did not have cavities in every single one of his molars. Nope, not my son.















He did not wake up and cry for the next two hours. The entire second hour was not because we wouldn't let him eat a doughnut that we made the mistake of buying before the surgery.

We were worried about him vomiting so we made him wait to eat for 3 hours. When he showed us that he could keep crackers down we let him eat again, but we did not give him two tacos, two cookies, a big glass of milk, that darn doughnut, and a mug of tea. Nope. Not us!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My kids aren't over-scheduled by any means. Sam goes to school twice a week as does Julia. That's it, besides the Sundays we make it to church. Most days are jammie days around here.
Except when it's a school day. The problem is that I haven't done a good job of keeping track of the different Spring Breaks between the three schools they go to. I will not have to call my SIL to ask if the school district where Julia attends (where my SIL works) has school this week or not. Nope. Not me! I put that sort of thing on my calendar right away!

What didn't you do this week?



<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

9 comments:

Jenney March 16, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

I DID NOT covet the cute scrubs that Sam is wearing...because my own little boy is forced to wear a "dress". :o) Not Me

Esther March 16, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

I'm guessing that they surgery went ok...So glad. Don't feel bad about the medicine they gave him. You didn't know how he was going to react! Poor Sam, bet you're glad that's over with!

Secret Mom Thoughts March 16, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

Don't feel bad about the medicine. You did what you thought was right and he is fine now. Moms feel guilty too often. Glad your little guy is doing well.

mom24boys March 16, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

Poor Sammy! OUCH! Great Not me's--horrific experience, though I am sure. Sorry you both had to go through it.

Aspiemom March 16, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

I like those scrubs. Poor Sam, tho, to have to go through that!

Pam March 16, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

He looks like he was doing just fine, meds and all!

gbmom2407 March 16, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

I pray it went well. We love the verced. We always "needed" it when it was time for our kids to go from us. They were fine in the room and wearing the scrubs but they did not want their blood pressure raised and that surely would have happened when they tried to take them. We always ask for a bottle to take home.. no luck.
Our D cried for a long while too after, they offered him a popsicle and he was much happier.
Happy day.

Anonymous March 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

Oh I am so right there with my son! We need to do the same procedure... They didn't give me the option...they just said he has to have it.

Hope he is feeling better :)

Anonymous March 16, 2009 at 10:02 PM  

It sounds like he had his appetite when he came to. Glad it went well though.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP