Monday, March 30, 2009

Hot off the presses

It's always exciting to see the FedEx or UPS guy drive up our driveway, but I have to admit that when it's a book being delivered, the excitement is mixed with nervousness. I spend upwards of a hundred hours on each blog book and about twenty hours getting images ready and designing the layout for a photography book.

My biggest fear is that something will be wrong -that I'll have to get in touch with the printer and do through the hassle of getting a book reprinted. It doesn't happen very often, but it's never fun when it does.

A blog book arrived today and I couldn't get the packaging off fast enough. I was surprised by how thick it was compared to a 40 page book. See?


Jenny and Joel - here's a sneak peak at a few of the 314 pages that will arrive on your door step soon....




Photobucket

11 comments:

Jenney March 30, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

B-E-A-Utiful as always. How is the MckFamily one coming?

Jess :) March 30, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

Oh my goodness...that it AWESOME!! It turned out amazing! Very nice work, MamaBear!! :)

Thanks for e-mailing back. I'm still PRAYING!

Love,
Jess :)

mom24boys March 30, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

That's incredible! Gor-geous!

Esther March 30, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

How wonderful! I bet it's a wonderful read--I love their blog! I'd love to read one of your books in person!

Pam March 30, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

So that's what a 314 page book looks like. It's really thick! I'm sure they can't wait to get it. Lucky guys!

Homegrown Tribe March 30, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

AWESOME! I can not wait to do one... I'll have to ask you to be my mentor. :)

britt

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles March 30, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

That is so awesome.

Mocha Mama 24 March 30, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

The book looks amazing!! You are very talented.

Nieman Family April 1, 2009 at 8:55 AM  

Cool, cool, cool. I'm so excited for mine...

Shanyn Zink April 1, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

Hi, Mama Bear! Wow!!!! Joel and Jenny's book is sooooo amazing. Thank you thank you thank you for all your time and craft you put into each page! This will be a family heirloom no doubt!! Can't wait to get my hands on it too! :)
Excited for Jen & Joel,
"Aunt Shanyn" (the one getting married to my wonderful Tim on the first sneak page - "Happy Day O Happy Day" - that you posted for J&J)

Jenny April 9, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

We got the book in the mail a few days ago and I am still pouring over every page. It is perfect. Amazing. I can't wait to do year number two--I'll let you know when we're ready:) Jen

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP