Saturday, February 28, 2009

Breaking Bear Country News

I tweeted about discovering our picture on the cover of our local newspaper yesterday. Here's the proof. Sorry for the extreme soft focus. I'm too busy to put it in photoshop and blur out names and locations properly.

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! I've enjoyed meeting several new people thanks to Brittany's Random Photo Challenge while I sit at the office renting cross country skis to the hearty souls who WANT to be OUTSIDE in 10 degree temps.

The sun is shining though and my heart feels light. I'm checking things off my to-do list one by one and am looking forward to the chicken simmering in my crock pot. This is going to be a week of digging deep into my freezer for meal ideas as it will be at least a week before I do a big shopping trip. I'm up for the challenge and will be sure to share any new recipes that turn out.



Could they have made it any bigger? Geepers!

7 comments:

Homegrown Tribe February 28, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

oh I'm so glad you're having a wonderful day!

and how cool you are all in the paper! Awesome!

britt

Aspiemom February 28, 2009 at 4:58 PM  

You're famous!

Nope, I wouldn't want to be outside in that weather!

Jenney February 28, 2009 at 7:23 PM  

Looks like fun to me. I had my own kid-sized cross country skiis growing up. Hours of fun!

Esther February 28, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

Fun! That's great publicity for you guys! I hope you saved a couple of copies for your bears!

Anonymous February 28, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

That's so neat! :)

Pam February 28, 2009 at 8:46 PM  

How nice to have your family featured in your local paper! My little one was in ours recently as part of her preschool's Mardi Gras parade. Cute!

Cup of Grace Coffee Shop February 28, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

Mamma Bear-

I found you through Mckmamma who I found through my cousin. I think your kids are cute and hilarious and enjoy hearing about them.

Sadly though I have decided that I can no longer follow you for a couple of reasons. I am also a Christian, but believe that Jesus calls us to radical hospitality and to love our neighbor, no matter who that is. I have read several times on your blog that you endorse Dobson who does not share this view and who I protested when he was inducted into the Journalism Hall of Fame. I know this is yours and his opinion and will continue to hold you both in prayer, but can not continue to follow your blog.

I am a progressive Christian and studying to get my Masters of Divinity (the degree I need to be ordained in the Methodist Church). I work for Reconciling Ministries Network which works to ensure that Christ's inclusive love is available to all no matter their sexual orientation or gender identity.

I welcome a dialogue, but will not argue. I know that I will not change your mind, nor will you change mine.

Candie<><

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP