Thursday, January 15, 2009

Shine on me

Once we got past the "car vs. snow plow" scene on Tuesday it was smooth sailing to SisterBear's new school. "My YOU-to-to" she calls it. I have no idea why. Most everything else she says is understandable, but "new school" always comes out with a few extra syllables.


It's a huge class - 14 kids. We're used to 6. 10 max.
There were familiar faces (BrotherBear's old teacher and an aide SisterBear knows from last year) and toys she loves, so the separation was a cinch.


The mom's had an hour with a parent educator and while I'm normally an active participant, I for the most part, settled back in my seat and soaked up the experience of being surrounded by other moms. I'm very isolated out here in the country and really missed my ECFE moms. I don't even know this new group yet, but already they are bringing sunshine to my life and when schools are closing left and right the night before, we could all use a little sunshine like the kids are using in this photo to melt the snowmen.

4 comments:

CntryMomma January 15, 2009 at 7:00 AM  

Your pics bring back precious memories of my girls preschool years. We were fortunate enough to send both our girls to preschool for two years before school started. We were also very blessed with an amazing Christian preschool. ;o) My girls still talk about their experiences there.

LORI

Esther January 15, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

Lucky! I miss ECFE. We had a great program back in Walker. But we have a great group here now, at the library. It's so good to get out with other moms!

Aspiemom January 15, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

She looks like she's having a good time!

Yeah, for getting out with adults!

Lisa January 15, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

Looks like she had a great time. I still cannot get over her curls... oh yes, the snow, we got about 5-6 inches yesterday and last night. Now the temps are suppose to be -6 degrees tonight.
Thanks Again for the info on Emily and her free blog creations. I love my new and much improved blog look.

Stay Warm!!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP