Friday, January 23, 2009

A second helping dipping

"The branches were dipped in frosting this morn"



and the sun cast a fairyland spell;



Each fragile twig looked feathered and white
and beckoned a heart to swell.

A winter treasure - a sight to behold -


while silence augmented the scene;


I wanted to walk through an open gate
to find the artist, supreme.


No gate could I see, the artist unseen,

awe captured my soul;


The canvas would change, as nature intended,



but I'd witnessed her morning's goal.


(By Joan Adams Burchell)


If this poem sounds familiar it's because I used it last year with a different series of frost pictures that I took at our old house. You can see them here.

6 comments:

Lindsay January 23, 2009 at 2:56 PM  

Great shots, too! :-) I wish that stuff would stick around longer - it just seems like everything is so peacefully quiet when the tree frost is here.

Jenney January 23, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

Wow, those are good pictures. Here's hoping tomorrow the weather is in the 20's for you!

Esther January 23, 2009 at 4:19 PM  

Beautiful! I'm in Anoka now, soooo looking forward to tomorrow!

Hilary January 23, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

Wow! Gorgeous shots! Really, those are absolutely stunning!
I'm praying for good weather tomorrow for your party...looking forward to seeing you!!

Kelly January 24, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

Excellent photographs! :)

Connie January 26, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

mamabear,
I followed photography, bears, and faith to your blog. It is delightful! I love your ice/snow pictures! I have some posted as well that I took in Colorado.
Just got back from skiing for the second time in 25 years...it was amazing!
Will come visiting again...your blog is a lovely place to visit!
<>< connie

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP