Monday, January 5, 2009

A perk of living in a park

SisterBear wasn't so sure it's a perk to have cross-country ski trails out our front door or more specifically, that there are toddler and preschool sized skis at our disposal.


BrotherBear was a little hesitant at first, but then he was asking to go down the hills again and again.



He quickly left his little sister in the dust snow.


She didn't notice.


You can see the difference in his expressions when he'd fall. The more comfortable he got, the less he cared when he fell.


Almost an hour later, the moon was getting pretty bright and we hadn't eaten dinner yet. PapaBear had stew* warming on the stove so we called it a night.


A very good night.


*Give me a day or two and I'll get my stew recipe posted. It's a cinch to make and sooo tasty!

1 comments:

Lisa January 6, 2009 at 6:30 AM  

Looks like fun, but I think I will have to stick with tubing... I tried skiing once, once I tell you and no more. I spent the whole trip on my tushie, they even had to stop the ski lift so someone could come and pick me up. Uh yeah, I will stick with tubing (lol).

Thanks for sharing the pics!!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP