Sunday, January 18, 2009

4 the love of seasons

The following was originally meant to be posted last week when it was still super cold out. We've made it to the 20's now and people are coming out in droves to ski now. I rented over 40 pairs of skis yesterday compared to the typical 15.

The mercury appears to be taking up permanent residence in the bottom of the thermometer so I thought it would be fun to remind myself why exactly I love living here even when we're stuck in an 80+ hour stretch of sub zero temps.

Winters are long here so even with the sun setting we have to take advantage of the 'warm' days that we get from time to time.


Eventually Spring will take hold and the fruit trees will distract us from any lingering memory of Winter.


Next comes my least favorite season of all - Summer. Why don't I like Summer? Because I melt whenever it gets above 70. Just ask my college roommate, Sarah, who had to huddle under her blankets while I had my window open to cool off (and that was in the Fall and Spring!)

There are times when it's OK for the weather to be hot, like when we're at a friend's cabin for four days. Then I don't mind a bit.

My favorite season of all? Autumn.
Cool, crisp temperatures and colors like this.

Do you live where the seasons change? Which is your favorite?

5 comments:

Jenney January 18, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

We live in Ohio, so we get all 4 seasons in abundance. My husband and I were actually talking about them tonight at supper. He came in freezing (he's a cop) and said he couldn't wait until summer. I reminded him that in the summer he comes home for supper and complains because it is too hot to wear his bullet proof vest (he has to anyway). I personally love fall. I love wearing a sweatshirt and jeans. I love the colors. Growing up my dad and I used to go one weekend a fall and canoe the Au Sable river in Oscoda, MI during peak color. I can't imagine living somewhere that I didn't get seasons.

Esther January 18, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

Fall. Definitely fall. I melt in the summer time too, I hate the hot weather. I love your Spring picture, so sweet!

Keri January 18, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

Fall is my favorite too! I love everything about it- the colors, the foliage, the weather, the food!

Considering we're a military family and we don't get to choose where we live, I feel so blessed to be stationed in a part of the country where we experience all 4 seasons and the leaves still change in the fall.

Jessica January 18, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

Great post, I love the picture of sister bear on the dock, SO CUTE!!! Glad to hear that the temps have come up for you guys.

my3sons January 19, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

We live in Maine; we also get all four great seasons. Our winter is cold and snowy. We got 16 inches of snow yesterday. I personally love Fall the best. I also melt in the summer. Our summers are more humid than hot; which I really don't like. Our falls are crisp and beautiful! I would never be able to live in a state without all of the seasons!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP