Monday, November 24, 2008

Not Me Monday - 10th Edition

Our entire household is battling colds so I apologize for the lack of snazzy intro to my Not Me post this week. Besides when you hear about the random* dead cat in our front yard you won't remember anything else anyway... Thanks for bearing with me and for visiting this week. I appreciate the human contact since we've been cooped up for so long except for that birthday party I didn't take my kids to despite being sick.

Wait, I wouldn't do that. Not me. I kept my on the mend kids home just to be safe.

Because I didn't take my kids to that birthday party there's no way I was an hour late. Not me. I read invitations very carefully and make an accurate mental note of the start time.

Earlier in the week I did not lose my temper in front of a doctor and her nurse because my kids were misbehaving. I would never punish them for their misbehavior by eating a treat in front of them. I'm more mature than that.

PapaBear didn't let the dog out Saturday morning and completely miss the fact that an orange cat was frozen to the ground at the bottom of the steps.

Our dog is so observant that he certainly didn't miss the cat carcass.

I did not have flashback to my childhood when I had to use a pitchfork to remove a kitten from where it had frozen to the street. Not me. My mind isn't a sponge for that kind of stuff.

What didn't YOU do this week?

*I have seen this kitty once a week throughout the summer, but never near our house...until it fell over dead. In front of my house. And then froze there.

8 comments:

Esther November 24, 2008 at 8:51 AM  

Oh, man, I give you props for taking care of that cat yourself. I would've made my husband do it! Hope this week goes better for you!

CntryMomma November 24, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

I should say "awww" to the cat thing but all I can say is "eww". LOL

LORI

Lisa November 24, 2008 at 9:28 AM  

Sorry to hear that you are all sick with colds. No fun especially around the holidays!! Too funny about eating a treat in front of your kids and that poor cat...that is actually pretty funny that it was frozen to the ground (lol). Sorry, but I can't stop laughing about it and I love cats. Hmmm, just struck me as being funny!

Anonymous November 24, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

*sniff sniff* poor kitty. I could not have taken care of that cat. Nope. Not a chance.

He & Me + 3 November 24, 2008 at 1:25 PM  

I had to laugh at the Doctor one...I have never done that either. But eating a treat in front of them is a good one. LOL

Lindsay November 24, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

Okay - was that like RUN OVER frozen cat....or just a plain FROZEN cat??? How does that happen? I don't think I'd forget that, either. Heck, I don't forget the fact that I ran over a turtle once....

Liz {Learning To Juggle} November 24, 2008 at 4:24 PM  

Oh your poor kitty!!

Devon November 25, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

im not a cat person but even i have to feel sorry for your kitty.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP