Friday, November 21, 2008

Not again!

This picture applies to today too, but for different reasons. The other day I had deadlines to meet, mouths to feed, bills to pay, phone calls to make, trips to preschool....and thankfully I can't remember what else.
Today it was about our whole family being sick. PapaBear has been fighting a cold (or two) for almost two weeks. SisterBear's croup was a blip on our radar, but now she and BrotherBear are "only" suffering from colds and deep rattle-y coughs. It was a miracle that I stayed healthy as long as I have considering I've been spit on, sneezed on, and coughed on daily since these germs entered our home. Late last night I succumbed and now have terrible sinus pressure and a sore throat.

The timing couldn't have been worse. After years of being untreated I finally got to see a dermatologist for my skin issues today. Did I get to sit and quietly discuss treatment options with the doctor? Not a chance. Both kids were running around the room like wild Indians, stepping on the levers to adjust the table, and tackling each other. It was awful. They were defiant and they knew it. I was furious and they knew it. Their consequence was not getting a treat when we went to the store afterwards. I took it one step further and bought myself a treat and ate it on the way home with them screaming all the way home. What kind of mother does that? The kind of mom who's kids get obnoxious when they are sick, the kind of mom who has waited seven years to get some relief for a painful condition, the kind of mom who hadn't eaten lunch, the kind of mom who was frustrated that the doctor's office had zero books or toys for kids to play with.

What stinks is that we had brand new books in the car that would have kept at least one of the kids quiet for the entire time and kept them from antagonizing each other. I didn't bring them in because I didn't want to transfer germs from the doctor's office toys to our new books. Apparently only adults see dermatologists.

Everyone is tucked in their beds now and I'm going to join them in a minute. Tomorrow is a fresh new day - hopefully it will be a healthier one too!

5 comments:

Esther November 21, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

Oh, I'm with you on this one! And the look on Julia's face is just right. We all have these moments as moms--hope your day is better tomorrow!

Anonymous November 21, 2008 at 9:53 PM  

That sounds awful. I don't blame you a bit. Rest and feel better. My daughter has had a cold for nearly weeks. My son had croup last week. My Husband was lucky enough to have to leave for a business trip and so far has stayed lucky. I put up a good fight but I sound about the same as you. Get some rest and feel better Momma.

CntryMomma November 22, 2008 at 9:45 AM  

Having the whole family sick is the worst ... at least from the perspective of this Momma 'cause you have to take care of everyone (including the hubby) while you yourself are feeling miserable!

Hope you all feel better real soon.

LORI

Esther November 22, 2008 at 1:38 PM  

Hoping today is going better--maybe a bloggy award would help? Go check out my blog to see!

Lindsay November 22, 2008 at 6:56 PM  

Oh no - I sure hope you're feeling better today. There is really not a worse feeling than your kids misbehaving in public when you KNOW that THEY know better. Here's to a better weekend and feeling better.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP