Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Eviction Notice

Sam was having trouble falling asleep last night. At 9 o' clock I caught him with the light on and a book open in his bed. We debated whether we should make him turn off the light or pretend we didn't know what he was doing. We decided that he needed his rest so off went the light. Fifteen minutes later he was still making noise so I had to go in and talk to him again. First thing he wanted to know was why Daddy was watching a movie (in our room).

"I want a TV in my room."

"You need to wait until your older for that Sam"

"Well, when I get big Daddy will have to sleep on the futon."

Ha! I guess Brian's been warned that when his son is old enough, he'll have to give up his bed so Sam can have the room with the TV. At least he didn't assume we'd go out and buy him one. Good for him to think that we'd have to make do with what we have!

2 comments:

Ella Marie Boutique September 23, 2008 at 6:10 PM  

That's funny! I have 5, going on six kids, and the older 4 are always trying to get me to buy a TV for their room, especially the 13 year old, but I won't let them, and they have turned out pretty well!
Shari
ellamarieboutique.blogspot.com, shop for adorable clothes and all the proceeds go to helping orphans!

Lindsay September 25, 2008 at 3:19 PM  

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who plays dumb when it comes to pretending I don't know what El is doing in her bedroom at night! Sometimes it's just harmless stuff that's not worth arguing over.

I'm wondering when mine will make the connection that she doesnt' have a TV in her room, either.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP