Thursday, July 10, 2008

The summer of [fill in the blank]

There are things that are unique about this summer that I don't want to fall between the cracks in my memory.

For the fun of it, what are some of your favorite memories of the summer so far?

Here are mine:

This is the summer of getting back on the water after 2 long years.


...watching Sam get the hang of tennis (and baseball)


the summer the kids became playmates instead of just siblings


The summer we went to the beach almost every day


The first summer we had friends over to frolic in "our" lake


The summer it was a real treat to go anywhere because of $4 a gallon gas
(Como Zoo)


The first summer that I was home with only my kids. Stay at home mom? Not even close. Photography or park work keeps me hopping.


The summer we had cool weather well into June

the summer Sam flew a kite all by himself

the summer we got extra time with Daddy now that he works 10 minutes from home


* The wedding anniversary we celebrated at a bar...with the kids


* The summer of two playgroups at local parks and hosting regular playdates at our house


* the summer I could let Sam be more independent


And while I don't have the pictures to prove it, this is also the summer we got back to basics. No more satellite TV, no more store bought bread or crackers, no more land line telephone, and no more high speed Internet.

1 comments:

Anonymous July 11, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

This was a great post! It was fun, of course, to see photos of my kids scattered throughout. I am glad the summer has held so many great things for you! And it's only half over!

This was the summer that I learned how to take three small children swimming all by myself.

The summer that my boys got dirtier in more places than I could have ever dreamed.

The summer when Small Fry learned to crawl. Hey, she looks like and inchworm, but she's crawling!

The summer we first had our Jet Skis all season.

The summer I was reminded in dramatic ways to fall at the feet of my Savior, because I can't make it any other way.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP