Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I might have to change the name of my blog

Not for the same reason I changed my photography business name, but because having the number 4 plastered everywhere reminds me that I'm one measly cent away from paying 4 dollars at the gas pump. I remember when we hit three dollars a gallon that we didn't just hop in the car and go whenever or wherever we pleased. Now that it costs us a minimum of $8 to go anywhere other than our tiny town, I've had to cram as many errands into each trip. Yesterday when I picked up my milk order I also made a quick stop at a park where Sam's playgroup was gathering, an even quicker stop at the library to return books, to Wendy's to get a salad, and then it was off to another park to meet Mck Mama, her sister, and her college friend.
I remember the second summer Brian and I were married that the gas price didn't budge for three whole months. We paid $1.39 a gallon time and time again. Now $1.39 will barely get me home from the gas station.
I don't know what it costs to fill my tank because it's been a month since I bit the bullet and filled 'er up.
What I do know is that we'll be staying home more this summer than ever before.

2 comments:

Anonymous June 13, 2008 at 3:05 PM  

If it makes you feel better, its around $8 a gallon in the UK!

Yvette June 15, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

Ooo, I was just catching up on your blog. I'm sooo sorry that you had to change the name of your photography business. I did remember your last name though and found your photo blog. Great pictures!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP