Monday, June 9, 2008

20/20



I try my hardest to savor every stage my children are in. As each month passes I make an effort to pause and reflect on what each has learned or is interested in. Doing this helps me see my children better and appreciate them even more. It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day survival of laundry, meal prep, errands, and sibling squabbles that time slips by all to quickly.
I've started joking that Julia would go to preschool with Sam if I let her. She certainly weighs as much as most other preschoolers - maybe even more. Her 30 pounds of sweetness won't fit in anything smaller than a 2T. That can be explained by her voracious appetite. She eats grape tomatoes like they're...well - grapes; she eats vegetable soup like there's no tomorrow; and is great with a fork and spoon. These days she and Sam are eating GrapeNuts topped with milk and blueberries for breakfast.
She discovered sweet corn over the weekend and never looked back.

She's sitting still for more and more stories at bedtime. She even sat for 30 minutes of swimming lessons every day for the past two weeks like a champ. I also noticed her toddle has disappeared when she runs. In it's place I hear a fluid pidder-padder on the hardwood floor.

She and Sam are playing together more and more. Sam runs the show and she follows his lead. In fact, as I'm typing this post Sam is counting in the library while Julia hides next to the couch. He makes up silly little games for them to play. The best part is watching them include Daddy in the fun. They pretend to be snakes and slide on the floor, they hop around the dining room, or they dance around the living room.



My favorite memory of you this month is sitting in the chair in your room at bedtime gazing into each others eyes while you stroked my face with your buttery soft hand. You are so affectionate - often initiating the "yuv you" and sharing hugs. A simple kiss makes most of your owies all better (except for the one on your finger that you got when Sam shut your hand in the dryer). You guys are always helping Mommy with something. I love that about you. Hearing your trademark "Mmm-Hmhh" when I ask you a question always brings a smile to my face.

Happy 20 month birthday JoJo!

1 comments:

Kelly June 9, 2008 at 11:57 PM  

The corn picture is priceless! :)

And the last picture of Julia is really really nice too! :)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP