Friday, May 30, 2008

Submerged - Day 3 of swimming lessons







Today was a big day for Sam. He went under the water! He even put his mouth in the water to blow bubbles. We celebrated with a hot fudge sundae afterwards. I was so proud of him! Looks like he was pretty proud of himself too. :) They started the lesson with the bucket of water. Check out my brave Sammy Sam! Then it was on to the barbbell this time Eric didn't have to support Sam. He kicked on his own towards the goal of reaching the monkey he'd thrown out ahead of himself.


A perfect execution of Monkey Cheeks if I do say so myself.

I am in awe of this particular photos. My experience with kids in the water is that the part they like the very least is floating on their backs. Getting his ears wet is a pretty big accomplishment for Sam. Eric is hardly holding him at all. There is a mat under Sam which gives him some added support.









WAY TO GO SAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Jennisa May 30, 2008 at 7:10 PM  

I am SO impressed! This is Avery right now, and I have to tell you...

you inspired me to get her into a private swimming lesson. She seems to have the same feelings about water that Sam has(had) so if Sam can do it, why can't Avery? I called our local pool today to inquire about lessons for her....

Thanks Carrie!

Hilary May 30, 2008 at 7:38 PM  

Wow! What a lot of improvement since day 1! I'm impressed! He'll be swimming like a fish in no time :)

MerrandaVK May 30, 2008 at 10:19 PM  

I don't think Justin would go under water! But the only lessons we have here is with mom in the water too. I don't think I'll be able to do that with a 3 year old and 6 month old so lessons will have to wait for now... Great job Sam!

Kelly June 2, 2008 at 12:30 AM  

Go Sam!! :)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP