Tuesday, May 6, 2008

cold turkey

Six days and counting without any television.

I can count on one hand the number of times the kids have asked to watch TV since we moved into this house. With an honest reply that it doesn't work at this house they drop the subject and find something else to do. I think TV detox, as I like to call it, is going quite well. I'm the first to admit that it would be easier to unpack if I plopped them in front of an episode of WordWorld (which is my new favorite kids show these days), but they watched an insane amount of television in the month 2 months prior to our move and I have some damage to undo.

So when the DishNetwork guy showed up on my doorstep this morning I stepped outside to tell him of my plan to let the kids think that he was here to try to fix the TV. As far as they know, he wasn't successful. Maybe that's why I feel so guilty for watching Oprah during nap time.

2 comments:

Kelly May 7, 2008 at 1:00 AM  

Tee hee hee- And wasn't Oprah GOOOOOD today! That Barbara Walters had some seeeeecrets!!! (Said in my best Oprah-impersonation voice)

Homegrown Tribe May 7, 2008 at 3:41 PM  

it seriously is like detoxing... crazy. Glad it's going well. My boys don't even ask anymore... except for the occasional movie. I actually have to ask them if they will watch one if I'm sick or tired or just need a break. Which DOES happen. :)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP