Monday, February 18, 2008

Reconnected

Turns out I had the dirtiest computer the repairman had ever seen. My CD writer wasn't broken, but merely filthy beyond belief. My computer was also bogged down by another dirt of sorts and was in desperate need of de-frigging. News to me. I don't even know what that means so obviously I didn't know to perform that task on a regular basis. If you know what I'm talking about, then the fact that it took ten hours to defrig my computer might tell you something.
So what did I do while I was without a computer for three whole days? Nothing real exciting, but I will say that time didn't evaporate like it does when I sit at the computer at night or during nap time. Brian and I watched movies together, Sam and I snuggled in bed one afternoon, we all went sledding, we made the horrid mistake of going to the Mall of America on President's Day weekend, we went to church, I read two books, we had tickle fights, we played play-doh, Brian and I each had time out of the house by ourselves.... it was a good three days.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss my computer, but I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would. I'll have to make my rounds to visit blogs in the morning when I get up at 6am (yes I am still trying to do that most mornings). Now of course the kids will be up at 5:30. I'm banking on the fact that the countless laps they took around the house today either on the toy bus or at a full sprint will keep them sleeping soundly until at least seven. A mom can dream right?

2 comments:

Homegrown Tribe February 19, 2008 at 12:57 PM  

Yeah... I bet your computer is much faster now. :)

I know what you mean about missing the computer but NOT missing the computer. It's so freeing to be without it and it makes me at least enjoy the time I have more when it doesn't fly by while i'm sitting at the computer. I try to find that fine line... it's hard sometimes.

glad you enjoyed your time 'off'

Brittany

Killlashandra February 20, 2008 at 4:06 PM  

You know dust bunnies build up on your motherboard too. ;) If you take the case off and spray the insides with canned air it can really help keep things clean too.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP