Saturday, February 23, 2008

Are you there God? It's me, Sam.

Ask me what baby items I couldn't live without and I'd say my Kangaroo Korner baby slings and my video monitors. We all sleep on the same level of our home, but I still keep Julia's monitor turned up and close by the bed so I can hear and see her breathing at night. Sam is 3 so I haven't had a monitor hooked up in his room for a while now, but that changed a few weeks ago when I got sick of him yelling for me to come get him out of his crib when he'd wake up. I solved that problem by setting his video monitor up again and explaining that all he had to do was say quietly, "Mommy, I'm awake" and I'd come up and get him. He caught on quickly and he's no longer waking his sister. I still remind him when we are getting ready for bed just in case.

Saying our prayers is something else we do at bedtime. Sam says the Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep prayer and then we add what we are thankful for at the end. Tonight as Sam lay curled up on my lap I stroked his hair and shared with Sam that he doesn't have to wait until bedtime to talk to Jesus. "You can talk to Him any time you want. He'll always hear you," I explained.

"On the monitor?" he asked. I guess I can let up on the reminders now.

3 comments:

Anonymous February 23, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

Oh, how cute!!! Yes, yes, I guess God does hear us on the monitors! And I guess Sam gets the point. I haven't really explained the monitors that fully to Kieran, so I am not sure he totally "gets" it yet.

OH, and cute post title!

OH, and great to see you at Isaac's party today!

mamatutwo February 24, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

How sweet. This age is so fun, too!

Killlashandra February 25, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

On the monitor? That's very sweet of him to ask. :)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP