Friday, January 11, 2008

Speaking of Sam

He had Brian and I sputtering to hide our laughs tonight during our bedtime sing-a-long. We sang "his song" (Silent Night) and then moved on to Julia's song (Away in a Manger*).
Here are the words - Sammy Style:

Away in a manger
No crib for a bed
The little Lord Jesus
Lay down His sweet head
The stars in the sky
Look down where He lay
The little Lord Jesus
asleep on the couch.

*For family who puts the kids to bed for us occasionally, we have switched Julia's song from O Come O Come Emmanuel because I don't know the words as well and there was something about when we sang all the verses to Away in the Manger at Church this Christmas season that tugged at my heart.

What a beautiful lullaby it makes:

The cattle are lowing,
the poor Baby wakes,
But little Lord Jesus,
no crying He makes;
I love Thee, Lord Jesus,
look down from the sky
And stay by my cradle
till morning is nigh.

Be near me, Lord Jesus,
I ask Thee to stay,
Close by me forever,
and love me, I pray!
Bless all the dear children
in Thy tender care
And take us to heaven,
to Live with Thee there.

FYI - when the kids were babies I picked out songs that I would sing to them every night and at every nap. They learned that no matter where they were, that those songs signaled bedtime. It really works, but hopefully they won't feel the need to curl up on the pew and take a snooze during church next Christmas.

1 comments:

Anonymous January 12, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

Sammy never ceases to tickle my funny bone with the things he comes up with. love ya, Rena

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP