Wednesday, January 2, 2008

minus one

and that's eight degrees warmer than when we got up this morning! Brian got a ride to work this morning so I could go groceries but we are putting that errand off as long as possible. Just knowing I have the option to leave the house helps me keep a positive attitude about the day even if we don't get out right away in the morning. Normally I'd let the kids keep their jammies on all morning, but it's so cold out they need layers and layers of clothes to stay warm. Julia's bundled in my cousin, Elsie's,1st birthday sweater from 2000 and Sam's wearing a fleece lined hooded sweatshirt over a turtleneck. It's almost like ice fishing in our living room. I'm off to thaw out my fingers under the three comforters we use on our bed.

Yes, we have heat, and yes, I could turn it up (we keep it at 65), but it's so much cheaper to put on extra layers of clothes than turn the thermostat up. Please don't worry about us. My point is that it's cold outside, we're staying warm inside, and having fun with Sam's new fishing game.

6 comments:

Anonymous January 2, 2008 at 1:44 PM  

Great photos!! It got down to 64 in our house last night because our heater is weird and couldn't keep up with the VERY cold temps outside and I (who normally love being cold) was freezing at that temp! I also hate being bundled up. I love bare feet and tshirts. I didn't realize you kept it at 65! The fish game looks like fun! And I LOVE the sweater and pics of it. Gorgeous.

Anonymous January 2, 2008 at 3:25 PM  

Oh my, I don't think I could handle that cold. Here I am whining about it being 50 degrees outside, lol, guess I'd better thank my lucky stars :) Happy New Year!

HartofDixie January 2, 2008 at 4:11 PM  

My son got one in Christmas! It's fun to play isn't it.

Hilary January 2, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

I love the new blog! I'm so glad to finally be able to see pictures now thanks to my new "gadgets!" Great pics, Carrie!

Aleah January 3, 2008 at 4:28 PM  

Our kids love that game also. : )

I realized that you left a comment on my blog with your old blog a week ago. I like your new blog! It is a little sad that we have to be so careful now a days isn't it?

If your still interested in reading let me know at philaleah(at)juno.com : )

MamaBear January 6, 2008 at 5:56 PM  

Yes it is Aleah. I am so glad your commented cuz I was bummed to see I couldn't access your blog anymore. I'll shoot you my email address right now.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP